Need a quick boost of energy and protein? These no-bake, snack-sized energy bites made with SunButter are just the pick-me-up you need.
As a family with two small children, we are also on-the-go. Between dog walks, adventures in the park, and chasing our 2-year-old daughter around, my wife and I barely have the energy to keep up.
Luckily, we came across this great recipe for allergy-friendly energy bites. They are chock full of healthy ingredients, and they’re free from many of the top food allergens.
We both love SunButter, as does our daughter (“peen butter” she calls it). So naturally, these easy-to-make protein energy balls were a hit! And did I mention they’re no-bake?
Free from Dairy, Eggs, Fish, Peanuts, Shellfish, Soy, Wheat
Vegan, Kosher, and Gluten-Free too!
- 1 cup gluten-free regular oatmeal (not instant)
- ½ cup flaxseed (whole or ground, we used whole flaxseed for an extra crunch)
- ½ cup dairy-free semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup SunButter Creamy Sunflower Butter (feel free to experiment with other flavors)
- ⅓ cup agave nectar
- Add gluten-free oatmeal, flaxseed, chocolate chips, and coconut flour to a large mixing bowl and combine.
- Add vanilla extract, SunButter, and agave nectar to bowl with dry ingredients and combine.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into 1-inch bite-sized balls. Store energy bites in the refrigerator.
Makes about 40 teaspoon-sized balls.
Original “Energy Bites with SunButter and Agave Nectar” recipe by The Dinner-Mom